Open access courses
I am temporarily not offering open access courses – while in post as the Chair of the British Association of Social Workers (2014-2018) – but watch this space for future announcements! Details of my most recent public courses, in 2014, can be seen below. I am still providing agency-commissioned courses.
In 2014, we are once again offering the popular Next Steps courses in London, in July, and in Preston in October. This year Guy will also be running an open access introductory solution-focused course, also in London in July.
Details as follows (to book a place on any of these courses, simply go to the Contact page and drop us a line):
FOUNDATION course in solution-focused practice
Do you want to
- be able to apply solution-focused skills in your day-to-day practice?
- achieve better outcomes for the people you work with?
- feel refreshed and revitalised in your job?
- change your own life as well as the lives of others?
- leave a course impatient to put what you have learned into practice?
Then this 2-day introductory course in solution-focused practice is the course for you.
London, 3-4 July 2014, cost – £195
NEXT STEPS in solution-focused practice – London, July 2014, & Preston, October 2014
This 2-day course has been especially designed for people who have already received some training in solution-focused practice and are using the approach in their work.
Are you wanting to
- sharpen your solution focused skills?
- move from stuckness to possibility?
- find your solution-focused flow?
- develop creative ideas in using the approach?
- become more confident as a solution focused practitioner?
Then, whether your first training in the approach was ten months or ten years ago, this is the course for you.
London, 17-18 July 2014, Preston, 23-24 October 2014, cost – £195
Here are some comments from participants on previous Next Steps courses:
- Just to say once again thank you for one of the most enjoyable, thought provoking and self developmental training i have attended in a long time. I am full of ideas of where i would like to develop my practices, and cannot wait to get started in building practice confidence.
- The course – so enjoyed it! Got so much from it and could feel my confidence & familiarity with the model growing.
- Loved the course. A really comfortable and supportive atmosphere which really encourages learning.
- Still buzzing after last week, really enjoyed the workshop and feel quite inspired so thank you.
- I appreciated the way the course was structured, no waffle, getting down to it and feeling safe to explore in the way the exercises were presented.
- I found the two days very worthwhile. There was just the right amount of theory and practise and enough variety in the exercises to be interesting. I particularly liked how you asked course members what it was they wanted to get from the days and adapted the course to meet their goals – methinks a good bit of SF modelling.
- Thanks Guy, for another interesting course. I really enjoyed it.
- I am staying with the model more truly since those two days. It helps in terms of me feeling clearer about what I am bringing to the table in the conversations I am having with clients.
- The feedback from the team has been excellent.
- Tim really enjoyed the 2 days and found it inspiring for his work.